Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm sitting in my new house with nothing to do. My roommate is sleeping (she does that about 18 hours a day and stays up all night IMing friends) and my housemates are either out or doing some type of schoolwork. I need to do my reporting homework, but I think that some some blogging is in order. I've been watching Gossip Girl all day (the first season) and it makes me wonder about who people are. We all dream of having money and seeing our name in lights, but what will we do for it. If you watch any competitive reality show, there's a lot of scheming and fakeness. Who we become in order to get what we want? I can't say that I'm big at winning anything outside of a monopoly game, but I want to win the right way when I do. When my dreams come true, I want to say that I did it without all of the scheming. A journalist once went to interview the richest man in St. Louis. The journalist had been born wealthy, so the elaborate set up of the rich man's office didn't really impress him. The journalist asked, "What did it cost you?" By that, the journalist meant: "What did you do & who did you betray in order to get to this position in life?" It turns out, he'd done a lot. He regretted every bit of it. When you reach your dreams, you don't want to regret them, you want to cherish them and feel proud that you've made it so far. No regrets. No horrible shows of character. Just hardwork and perserverance.

0 comments: