Sunday, July 27, 2008

Do you believe in Fairy Tales?

I bought Penelope today and it's like a modern day fairytale. I waited forever to see it in my little home town and it was worth the wait. It's witty, dramatic, romantic and surprising. The fact that she has a pig nose, doesn't seem so absurd on a fairy tale backdrop. I think that we all have fairy tales, romantic or not. It's good to believe that stories like Cinderella's can be true. That someone can save another person just by loving them. That concept is the basis for a lot of charitable organiations, like To Write Love on Her Arms . Just something as basic and easy to give as love can help someone's life change and give them a fairy tale ending. I think that too many people like Shia LaBeouf (who I have loved since Even Stevens!) are receiving enabling love, that could ruin there lives. Shia's had more DUIs than Paris Hilton did before she met Benji Madden. I think that it might take what Paris has, the right kind of person, giving you the right kind of love, to make your fairy tale possible. I like to think that Cinderella and prince lived happily ever after, but if they didn't, it's still a fairy tale to me. Cinderella went from scrubbing floors for people who gave her nothing but hate, to being adored from someone who gave her nothing but love. Her prince barely even knew her when he started giving her that emotion. I think love is the answer to any problem that we have now. War? Love. Genocide? Love. Racism? Love. Like the Beatles said, "Love is all you need."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think fairytales do take different shapes and forms, but Cinderella isn't what I'd use as an example. Maybe a real person would be more suitable?